So here we are in November, and that means we have been together for 8 years! And so for our *Date Night* post this month, we thought we would share 5 “Top 8’s”!
All are in no particular order, because, well it’s hard enough to think of 8 things without prioritising them!
Top 8 Places We’ve Been
We’ve had several holidays and trips around since we got together in 2010, and here are some of our favourites:
- Disneyland Paris (both times!) Because it’s just amazing
- Prague in November 2016 for my birthday and seeing the Christmas markets, and it snowing it was just magical
- Visiting Longleat and going on the VIP safari getting hemmed in by giraffes. That whole Somerset trip was great
- Going to Scotland and seeing one single AMAZING show at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival
- Visiting castles, and driving the Black Mountain Pass in Wales
- Prague in Spring 2014, and visiting Kutna Hora, getting to go to the Tim Burton exhibition and seeing Manic Street Preachers live
- Visiting Beaulieu because there is so much to see and do!
- Exploring so many amazing places in Cornwall
Top 8 Box Sets We’ve Binge Watched
We love a good box set as much as everyone else! Here are some of our favourites since we’ve been together!
- Game of Thrones- Had to be top of the list really, from borrowing the first season and immediately buying the second… Just love it. Planning a rewatch next year ahead of the final season.
- Sons of Anarchy – I didn’t want to watch this at first, but was soon into it and it’s such an awesome show, another definitely due a rewatch at some point.
- Firefly – It’s such a classic! Whedon sci-fi western goodness!
- Gotham – This is definitely a show we always watch and then spend what feels like an eternity waiting for the next season.
- Blackadder – Again this is just classic, it’s just so funny! We both have different favourite eras too.
- Justified – The second show on this list that I wasn’t interested in at first, before becoming completely hooked!
- Community – This fast became a show we got possibly a little too obsessed with. And we’re currently re-watching it at the moment!
- Sherlock – This will surprise nobody but I could probably watch Sherlock at any time!
Top 8 Films We Still Love to Watch
We love films and go to the cinema a LOT so this isn’t a gospel list and we have probably forgotten something, but here are some films we’ve really enjoyed over the last 8 years
- Avengers Assemble(2012) This had to be on the list! It’s still awesome and we love all of the Marvel movies!
- Coco (2018) We only saw this at the beginning of the year but we both love it so much! It’s such a perfect film.
- The Dark Knight Rises (2012) We both love the Nolan trilogy, and it was so great to get to see the finale together. Such a perfect ending to the series.
- Lockout (2012) This is not necessarily a great film, but we love it, sometimes you just want to watch trashy crap of an evening!
- Jurassic World (2015) We went to see this in Paris as we didn’t want to wait even though we were on holiday! I’ve always been a huge fan of Jurassic Park.
- Baby Driver (2017) So much about this film, cars chases, amazing soundtrack, and something completely different to a lot of films at the moment.
- The Conjuring (2013) Along with the Insidious movies, we always go and see these when they come out, I love horror films, both good and bad and there has been a mixture! But it’s all good fun!
- Star Trek: Beyond (2016) We’ve enjoyed all of these but seriously the moment Sabotage by The Beastie Boys started playing it was just sheer joy!
Check out another fun post here with The Boyfriend Tag!
Top eight Albums We Still Listen To
We listen to a lot of music whether its at home or in the car, here are some of the albums from the last 8 years we still love
- Biffy Clyro – Opposites – This has become our go-to travel album, whenever we go away it ends up in the car! Also we saw them live for this tour!
- Mumford and Sons – Sigh No More – I actually got this for Stu for Christmas after we’d been together just over a month!
- Arctic Monkeys – AM – I bet that song is stuck in my head by the end of writing this post…
- Awesome Mix Vol 1 – The Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack there are so many soundtracks we listen to, this one is just so good.
- Seasick Steve – Keepin’ the Horse Between Me and the Ground – We love Steve! So good, and the memories of seeing him live too!
- Lady Antebellum – Need You Now – One of many of my country albums that have found their way into the car at some point! Love Lady A!
- Royal Blood – Royal Blood – Such a great album!
- Foo Fighters – Wasting Light – I love so many songs from this but Arlandria is still my fave!
Top 8 YouTubers We Follow
We love catching videos on YouTube and have followed quite a few people over the last few years, it’s a mixed bag but here are our faves!
- Curious Axel – Disney goodness at it’s finest! Great film of the Disneyland Paris parks and we love his fun takes on seasonal events are always great!
- Adam Ivell – Cars, and Finn the Dalmatian, we love both.
- Brogan Tate – We started following for Disney, we stayed for the rest!
- Phantom Adventures – Two awesome Scottish vloggers who make us smile and have given us a few bucket list destinations
- Mighty Car Mods/The Unicorn Circuit – Marty and Moog are both entertaining and hilarious. And The music’s awesome too!
- Screen Junkies – Honest Trailers – Just a bit of lighthearted fun really!
- LadBaby – We’re not even parents and find Mark and Roxanne hilarious!
- DLRP Fans – Filip and Jordi are great fun, and they really capture Disneyland Paris and post regular updates on what’s happening!
Hopefully you enjoyed this post. As it’s our Anniversary month, we didn’t want to go all mushy on you, so we thought we’d share some random stuff we love!
Feel free to leave a comment below with any responses or things you’d like to see in the future!Follow me on social media