I’ve happened across a couple of blog posts sharing this tag; based on Vogue’s 73 Questions with… series. I thought it would be fun to work my way through! I have tried to keep my answers short as there are so many, and have interspersed some images to keep it from being a huge wall of text!
So, read on to find out a little about me; from the obvious, not to mention the more obscure! (Honestly who came up with these questions?!)
I’m not a Vogue reader, but nonetheless I hope you enjoy getting to know me better with…
Vogue’s 73 Questions With The Craft Room and Beyond
Of course not endorsed by Vogue, probably of little interest to anyone… But all in the name of good fun!
1. What is your usual Starbucks order?
I don’t drink coffee, so usually a hot chocolate if I’m out!
2. What does your workstation look like right now?
Where I’m typing? I’m on the sofa with my laptop on my lap. My desk in the craft room is surprisingly covered in stuff at the moment; I’m still “sorting out” where things go.
3. What is your all time favourite food?
4. Who is your favourite author?
5. What do you think of open relationships?
Not for me, but to each their own.
6. What is your favourite videogame?
Either The Sims or Don’t Starve. I’m also rather fond of Civ.
7. What is your guilty pleasure treat?
One of my favourite quotes from Tom Hiddleston when answering this same question: “The thing is, I never feel guilty about pleasures.”
8. What is your favourite film?
Silence of the Lambs.
9. What is your favourite book?
Alice in Wonderland.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
11. Desktop or Laptop?
Laptop. Though I do own a desktop too.
12. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
Always be yourself – you can’t be anyone else, you will never please everyone.
Me – Kay – The Craft Room and Beyond
13. What project are you working on right now?
I’m cross-stitching Love Tree, knitting a jumper, working on my Bujo… and of course some other things!
14. What is your favourite colour?
Teal and red.
15. Did you get good grades in school?
Reasonably! Fairly across the board depending on the subject!
16. What is your dream job?
I’m not sure I have one as a matter of fact.
17. Have you played any sports?
Ever?! Of course, I’ve played netball, hockey, did some athletics, dance and even tennis in my time!
18. Do you have a degree?
19. What is your nationality?
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post to write?
Finished projects, because it means I’ve finished a project! Honestly I rather like the variety of content I produce! Though of course I am always open to feedback!
21. What do you like to collect?
Craft supplies? Funko Pops? Cuddly toys? Disney stuff? Or erm… well, too much. Clearly.
22. Describe yourself in 3 words
Short, Creative, Loyal.
23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be?
Good lord… No idea! Of all 73 questions in this list, this is the most absurd.
24. Who was the last person you DM’d?
At the time of writing this… My mum.
25. What is on top of your wish list right now?
Generally? Craft supplies and books… Amazon wishlist is available (lol).
73 questions not enough? Check out the This or That Challenge Tag in this post.
26. What is your Hogwarts House?
Gryffindor. Many suspected Slytherin, but nope!
27. How many tattoos do you have?
Three. (I have three piercings in each ear, and two in my lip also).
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
The health of myself, my friends and family. Also the knowledge we should be able to see each other soon!
29. What’s the best thing that has happened to you this month?
Not much has happened at all! We went out for brunch recently, which was so nice though!
30. What’s the best thing that has happened to you today?
At the time of writing? It’s been a very nice relaxed day off!
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Freedom from stress.
32. What is your favourite season?
Autumn. It’s so colourful, and of course cooler after summer.
33. What is your favourite holiday?
Christmas. Closely followed by Halloween.
34. Which fictional character do you relate the most to?
Peregrine Took aka Pippin in LOTR – Loyal, usually hungry and a bit clumsy; but mostly a good friend.
Congratulations you are almost half way through!
35. Do you like surprises?
Yes and no. I don’t like not knowing things. So if you plan on surprising me, don’t tell me about it!
36. What’s the biggest surprise you ever got?
When Stu gave me an Epiphone Hummingbird for my 30th Birthday.
37. What’s a surprise that made you cry?
I genuinely can’t think of anything.
38. What’s the best surprise you have ever given anyone?
I often make handmade gifts and cards for people so I like to think they are great surprises!
39. Do you like muffins?
40. Do you cook often?
I probably cook less than half the time I’m I’m honest, but a couple of times a week yes.
41. What is your favourite dessert?
Sticky Toffee Pudding. Because it’s so good.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Tiramisu, because I don’t like coffee.
43. Cake or pie?
This just made me think of Cake or Death… if you understand this, comment below.
(But cake obviously).
44. What’s your least favourite food?
I dislike a few things, but I can generally eat anything.
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
Vegemite, though I can’t buy it locally anymore, so have to put up with marmite.
46. It is 4am on a random Saturday…what are you eating?
I’m not, I’m asleep. I work sundays, if I’m up at 4am I still would not be eating.
73 Questions not enough? Check out The Epic Disney Tag in this post.
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be?
Some sort of craft?
48. Best animated film?
Lots… Don’t make me choooooose!
49. What has a guy said or done that impressed you?
Sometimes it’s the little things like giving you an objective ear. A space to be alone. A chance. I won’t name names but I will be forever grateful.
50. What is the best thing to do on a first date?
Anything that enables you to talk.
51. What is the worst thing to do on a first date?
52. What is the best pick up line?
How about it then. (seriously if you understand any of these obscure references, please comment below)!
53. Who is the best comic book character?
54. Name three things that can always be found in your handbag?
My purse, phone power bank, lip balm. Of course I carry around pens and whatnot too.
55. What is your favourite drink?
Tea. always tea.
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie, who would it be?
Marie Curie. I’d like to think it would be someone revolutionary and interesting!
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Favourite sushi roll
59. What lipstick do you use?
It varies, I don’t have a particular favourite.
60. What foundation do you use?
I don’t wear makeup that often, but I don’t have particular favourite brands or anything.
61. Blowdry or Airdry?
If my hair’s staying curly, I’ll let it dry naturally, to avoid the frizz. But if I’m straightening it, I’ll blow dry it.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I clearly don’t have one.
63. Favourite Disney character?
If you wanted to ask me anything at all you can contact me!
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
65. What is the movie you laughed the hardest through?
There are probably so many! Monty Python and the Holy Grail… Or Fast 5, which is hilarious.
66. What is the movie that made you cry?
Several. The Green Mile is one of them.
67. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would you choose?
There are quite a few people, I’m open to offers!
68. If your life was a song what would it be?
Not With Haste by Mumford and Sons
69. What is your favourite animal?
I’ve always liked owls.
70. Who is your favourite illustrator?
The dark quirkiness of Tim Burton’s animation style has always been a favourite.
71. Who is a person you’d like to have coffee with?
My bestie Kaz, it’s been faaaaar too long!
72. What country would you love to visit?
73. What is your favourite way to decompress?
Creating, anything. Reading, watching movies, walking in nature… This blog is a very good example of my down time!
I know this is very different to usual content here on The Craft Room and Beyond. But I saw the 73 questions post on Mind Beauty Simplicity, and was automatically tagged (haha). I hope it was a fun way for you to get to know me a bit better. I tag whoever is reading this to also share their answers to the 73 questions, just for fun! Tag me in your post so I can see your answers!Follow me on social media